About this Ministry
In keeping with the DABC purpose statement, our women’s ministry seeks to share the love of Christ with the women of our church and community. We do this through Bible studies, fellowship events, and ministry opportunities. Check out our Facebook page here: Dayton Ave Women Connect Facebook Page
Ways to get involved
We have several events throughout the year including retreats, luncheons, creative groups, and outreach ministries. Women’s Bible studies are offered on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm and also on Thursday morning at 9:30am. We encourage you to contact us to find out what studies are currently available. We always welcome your input and involvement to help us better serve the ladies of our church and people of our community.
Mom2Mom – For Mothers of Young Children
Mom2Mom is a group for mother’s of young children. Our purpose is to encourage and equip mothers in their calling of motherhood by creating a community in which meaningful peer and mentor relationships can grow. Check out the Mom2Mom facebook page for more information.
- Thursday Mornings – Marilyn Meyer will be leading the upcoming Precept Bible Study. Kings and Prophets is a Precept Bible study in the history of Israel Series. Topics will include “God Searches for a Heart Fully His” and “Passing the Mantle.” The study resumes Thursday, January 4th at 9:30 am at the church.
- Wednesday Evenings – The Wednesday Night Women’s Bible Study for the spring will be led by Sarah Young. The study is entitled, “Walking by the Spirit in the Virtues of Christ”. It will begin January 10th at 6:30 pm.
- February 24th – Mental Health Seminar: A great time to learn about issues that can effect anyone in the church body or your family. Come and learn how to deal with the issues selected this year. Gather information for further help and enjoy the fellowship of the day. We will be providing a lite breakfast snack and lunch.
- April 21st – Plant Share: Bring a perennial to give away and pick up one you have always wanted to try! 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. After we share the plants, we’ll have a brief time of gardening instruction and a devotional. Please bring your lunch for a chew and chat.
- May 19th – Women’s Tea: 2:00 pm, more details to come.
- October 12th – 14th: Women’s Retreat, more details to come.