About this Ministry
In keeping with the DABC purpose statement, our women’s ministry seeks to share the love of Christ with the women of our church and community. We do this through Bible studies, fellowship events, and ministry opportunities. Check out our Facebook page here: Dayton Ave Women Connect Facebook Page
Ways to Get Involved
The Women’s Ministry team meets the 3rd Sunday of most months, 4:30 – 6:00pm. All are welcome to attend. Please contact Lynn Davey for specific information. (firstname.lastname@example.org) We welcome your input and involvement to help us better serve the ladies of our church and people of our community.
Women’s Ministry Sponsors:
- Women’s Bible Studies
- Mom 2 Mom Mom2Mom is a group for mother’s of young children. Our purpose is to encourage and equip mothers in their calling of motherhood by creating a community in which meaningful peer and mentor relationships can grow. Check out the Mom2Mom facebook page for more information.
- Mental Health Seminar
- Lydia Ladies
- Service Auction
- Women’s Retreat
- Women’s Mentoring Women
If you are interested in serving as a mentor or mentee, please click on the corosponding link below.
- “Restless Bible Study: Because You Were Made for More” Led by Lisa Cole and Lynn Davey Restless is a bible study that will help you discover a practical plan to identify the threads of your life and how to intentionally weave them together for God’s glory and purposes. Starts August 22, 6:20 – 7:45 ( this will align with the Awana schedule)
- Precepts “Kings and Prophets” Led by Marilyn Meyer Kings and Prophets, a Precept Bible Study, meets on Thursday mornings at 9:30 am. This inductive study series takes one through 1 & 2 Kings , 2 Chronicles and several Minor Prophet books. By observing the lives of the kinds whose hearts were either “fully devoted to the Lord” or “evil”, you will learn more about the history of Israel and gain a better understanding of God’s amazing character as He deals with the kinds, His people, and speaks through His prophets. This fall, the study will focus on Jonah (Where Are You Going?), Amos (Prepared to Meet Your God), and 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles (Revival or Captivity?).
- October 12th – 14th: Women’s Retreat. Click the link for more info.
- Lydia Ladies: Coming in January 2019
- Women’s Mentorship Program