About this Ministry
In keeping with the DABC purpose statement, our women’s ministry seeks to share the love of Christ with the women of our church and community. We do this through Bible studies, fellowship events, and ministry opportunities. Check out our Facebook page here: Dayton Ave Women Connect Facebook Page
Ways to Get Involved
The Women’s Ministry team meets the 3rd Sunday of most months, 4:30 – 6:00pm. All are welcome to attend. Please contact Lynn Davey for specific information. (firstname.lastname@example.org) We welcome your input and involvement to help us better serve the ladies of our church and people of our community.
Women’s Ministry Sponsors:
- Women’s Bible Studies
- Mom 2 Mom Mom2Mom is a group for mothers of young children. Our purpose is to encourage and equip mothers in their calling of motherhood by creating a community in which meaningful peer and mentor relationships can grow. Check out the Mom2Mom facebook page for more information.
- Mental Health Seminar
- Lydia Ladies
- Hands Creating Comfort The Hands Creating Comfort group meets on selected Fridays from 10-2. During summer construction, we will be meeting at a home in Xenia. They knit, quilt, or crochet blankets, prayer shawls, and other items to be given away to people from our church and the community who are going through medical or economic hard times. Join us to put your creative talents to good use!
- Service Auction
- Women’s Retreat
Women Mentoring Women:
Prayer partner application form: https://airtable.com/shrxypjajR5YHrAKG
NEW mentee application form: https://airtable.com/shrfdXqFdhZ8vJtLy
RETURNING mentee application form: https://airtable.com/shrt7rnJeAQUthig1
NEW mentor application form: https://airtable.com/shr4R3LU0ffou9HpD
RETURNING mentor application form: https://airtable.com/shr02WJIt9dm1maym
- Warrior Mom’s: Prayer Group for moms of High School boys
- G-Moms: Prayer Group for Grandmothers
- Moms of Adult Children: Prayer Group for parents with grown children. This group meets 2nd and 4th Mondays at 6:30pm. Contact Melanie Schloemer for more information (email@example.com) or call the church office for a phone number.
- Precepts Bible Study: Covenant led by Marilyn Meyer
- Beginning Thursday, January 16, 2020. There will be morning sessions at the church from 9:30am – 12:00pm and evening sessions.
- Wednesday Bible Study for Women 6:30-7:45pm
- The Book Of Esther
- Sandi Harner will begin a 10-week study on Esther starting Wednesday, January 15, 2020. You can sign up in the church foyer.
Save the Date for the Women’s Retreat!
- We’ll be going to Higher Ground Conference Center for the retreat this year. Mark your calendar for October 9-11, 2020.
- Service Auction – February 16th, 4:30-7pm
- The evening starts at 4:30 with a carry-in dinner and then the Auction! This is a fun time to connect with the larger church family and enjoy each other’s gifts and skills. Every person attending will be given $500 in play money to be used to bid on services that people within the church offer. Everything from babysitting to painting a room to a meal and game night have been offered in the past. Come and join the fun!
- Spring 2020 we’ll be having a Women’s Tea again. More information to come shortly.